Pupil Premium Information
The Government provides schools with additional funding for supporting pupils from low income families to ensure that they benefit from the same opportunities as all other children. This funding is called 'Pupil Premium' funding.
There are three categories of pupils eligible for the Pupil Premium
- Children who are eligible for free school meals (FSM) any time within the last six years.
- Looked after children
- Armed forces children
Schools have the freedom to spend the Premium in a way they think will best support the raising of attainment for the most vulnerable pupils.
How we spend the Pupil Premium
Swaffham Junior CE Academy spends the money to support the whole child - academically, socially and emotionally. We use the Premium in many ways including:
- Our 'Student and Family Support' Team provide a range of academic, social and emotional interventions for pupils in need
- Funding 50% of the cost of School Uniform
- Funding school trips and residentials
- Funding a breakfast club for pupils who benefit from a settled start to the day
- Pupil specific resources
Each year we write a strategy with a plan as to how to spend our pupil premium allocation - this is currently under development for the academic year 2019-20 while we write our action plans for the year.
Pupil Premium Impact
Please see the document below for data and further details of impact of the Pupil Premium 2018-19; the document details the intended spend followed by the actual spend, including evidence and evaluation: